Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter players

64 posts / 0 new
Last post
{-t2sa-}_Dave's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/12/10
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

Guys,no inter nomader is checking this site,you should advertise it in lobby...

Petek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/26/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

vugi wrote:

once again, its not cruel, and they wont learn anything, ok, they will rush you next game because you "rushed" them...

Those are noobs, not inters.

vugi wrote:

all of them are weekends warriors

So are we.

And many of them have improved a lot. Every expert used to be at least low inter...

vugi wrote:

another thing. 6 inters and 2 pros in the same game = dont u think that majority wins? i mean their rules for that game... old nomaders made one rule, i see no reason why inters wouldnt make their own rule..

Depends on who is hosting. They can have their rules in their games, but if they do lame shit like rushing we won't play with them again.

Petek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/26/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

vugi wrote:

Quote:
I think better players like yourself dont like them because if you win, you feel like you should have (with the player advantage). If you lose, its frustrating because its ussually because your allies played very internoobish. Because of this, I understand why you and others dont like when we suggest these games. We will keep asking when the situation is right, for the reasons I laid out. But certainly I have no problem and understand when you say no.

no fun in winning those, and you could easily be humiliated if you lose it because two of allies decided to boom after they noticed number advantage :roll:

If 2 start booming other 3 are finished.

Petek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/26/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

PAPi wrote:

regarding rush, you can hit the capital city as long as you are 100% SURE that your enemy has 2 cities already. you can take the cap sack and leave. altough i rarelly do this or see it done, i've done it in times where the unbalance of teams is too big to consider anything else.

This is still a rush and banned. If attacker succeds it's game over in age II, and if he doen't it's game over in age II. Waste of other 6 player's time. Just imagine how games would look like if people rushed like this. Nobody would go civ and make 2nd city before going mil and towering cap. Nomad would be dead really quick.

Petek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/26/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

vugi wrote:

and, like a raider, 3 posts in a row! duh hes record is 6!

i davus ni glumil gljivu, on je gljiva!

Biggrin

Petek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/26/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

{-t2sa-}_Dave wrote:

Guys,no inter nomader is checking this site,

You are :idea:

{-t2sa-}_Dave's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/12/10
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

Petek wrote:

{-t2sa-}_Dave wrote:
Guys,no inter nomader is checking this site,

You are :idea:

nice try raider Lol

[El]_Alan_The_Itachis_SON's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/25/11
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

No need to try anfanger xD

papillon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/23/07
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

Petek wrote:

PAPi wrote:
regarding rush, you can hit the capital city as long as you are 100% SURE that your enemy has 2 cities already. you can take the cap sack and leave. altough i rarelly do this or see it done, i've done it in times where the unbalance of teams is too big to consider anything else.

This is still a rush and banned. If attacker succeds it's game over in age II, and if he doen't it's game over in age II. Waste of other 6 player's time. Just imagine how games would look like if people rushed like this. Nobody would go civ and make 2nd city before going mil and towering cap. Nomad would be dead really quick.

i only use it if teams are very unbalanced. theres a big diference between going for an easy kill and taking a cap sack. not much worst than one in your team going straight mil1 and raided heavy your oponent and then you kill him in classic. we installed no rush rule because of people going for straight kill, little after the nomad movement started.

personally i think going mil1 and raid your oponent so another one can kill him easy in classic age is just lame, but i dont complain about it. its part of the game.

_FSF_Fear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/21/05
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

So if fetus is ancient raiding me and we got a good fight going.If his partner raider has an early classic and gets an army he cant come kill me because im still in ancient with 1 city.Because that would be rushing??

Mohammad_Mohammad's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/15/09
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

_FSF_Fear wrote:

So if fetus is ancient raiding me and we got a good fight going.If his partner raider has an early classic and gets an army he cant come kill me because im still in ancient with 1 city.Because that would be rushing??

No you would be fair game

[IND]_Jatin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 03/01/11
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

Raiding with bantu in Ancient while the ally prepares his HI army in II is v good strategy in both std and NOMAD, Works out almost always. :twisted:

_FSF_Fear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/21/05
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

So the game last 2 or 3 more minutes then allowing a rush game.

{-t2sa-}_Dave's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/12/10
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

no.
IF you attack the enemy in ancient age(your age),its a rush.
If you attack the enemy after aging,its not forbidden.

Petek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/26/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

PAPi wrote:

Petek wrote:
PAPi wrote:
regarding rush, you can hit the capital city as long as you are 100% SURE that your enemy has 2 cities already. you can take the cap sack and leave. altough i rarelly do this or see it done, i've done it in times where the unbalance of teams is too big to consider anything else.

This is still a rush and banned. If attacker succeds it's game over in age II, and if he doen't it's game over in age II. Waste of other 6 player's time. Just imagine how games would look like if people rushed like this. Nobody would go civ and make 2nd city before going mil and towering cap. Nomad would be dead really quick.

i only use it if teams are very unbalanced. theres a big diference between going for an easy kill and taking a cap sack. not much worst than one in your team going straight mil1 and raided heavy your oponent and then you kill him in classic. we installed no rush rule because of people going for straight kill, little after the nomad movement started.

personally i think going mil1 and raid your oponent so another one can kill him easy in classic age is just lame, but i dont complain about it. its part of the game.

The type of rush you are describing sucks more than the one for the straight kill. Attacker gets a sack, ages, makes 3rd city, attacks again and holds the cap and when the timer runs out he has 5 cities, game over in age II.

No, that is how the game is played. Raider's mate can only attack the raided palyer if his guy lets him. And defender's mate can also attack the raider.

Petek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/26/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

_FSF_Fear wrote:

So if fetus is ancient raiding me and we got a good fight going.If his partner raider has an early classic and gets an army he cant come kill me because im still in ancient with 1 city.Because that would be rushing??

No, only attacker's age matters. Attacker must be in classical age.

Petek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/26/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

[IND wrote:

_Jatin"]Raiding with bantu in Ancient while the ally prepares his HI army in II is v good strategy in both std and NOMAD, Works out almost always. :twisted:

I-m so happy 58

vugi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/29/09
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

loololo another three!

_FeTuS_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/22/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

While no inters have really replied to the thread, a few have registered on the site and at least 3 have talked to me about this in the lobby. So at least we layed the ground work for the next generation Smile

kanishka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 3 months ago
Joined: 06/11/11
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

PAPi wrote:

Petek wrote:
PAPi wrote:
regarding rush, you can hit the capital city as long as you are 100% SURE that your enemy has 2 cities already. you can take the cap sack and leave. altough i rarelly do this or see it done, i've done it in times where the unbalance of teams is too big to consider anything else.

This is still a rush and banned. If attacker succeds it's game over in age II, and if he doen't it's game over in age II. Waste of other 6 player's time. Just imagine how games would look like if people rushed like this. Nobody would go civ and make 2nd city before going mil and towering cap. Nomad would be dead really quick.

i only use it if teams are very unbalanced. theres a big diference between going for an easy kill and taking a cap sack. not much worst than one in your team going straight mil1 and raided heavy your oponent and then you kill him in classic. we installed no rush rule because of people going for straight kill, little after the nomad movement started.

personally i think going mil1 and raid your oponent so another one can kill him easy in classic age is just lame, but i dont complain about it. its part of the game.

and what would your ally do??? Shake??

Petek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/26/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

kanishka wrote:

PAPi wrote:
personally i think going mil1 and raid your oponent so another one can kill him easy in classic age is just lame, but i dont complain about it. its part of the game.

and what would your ally do??? Shake??

Lol

{-t2sa-}_Dave's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/12/10
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

no,papi is the one who shakes I-m so happy

GameSpy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 6 months ago
Joined: 04/04/12
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

Mohammad_Mohammad wrote:

@ FeTuS thats true no doubt. But I was coming more from the angle that you are 90% sure the inter in question will go commerce first or be slow getting mil, in which case you know any raid will be cruel. I tried to record an example today, mil1 tortured some inter who built too close for my liking..but then his teammate dropped at min 9 and ruined the rec.
Though by that time I had thwarted 3 rax attempts (1 by his ally), killed many citizens, encircled the city in a light infantry perimeter and was in the process of razing the farms. Although it would be good to encourage inters to ancient raid each other
I miss our classic nomad land battles which we dont seem to play anymore. The 4v4's with all good players were classic, with half the players going mil1 raid regularly. Ancient duels are awesome but only with a worthy adversary

1)great job guys with these posts

2)atm i'm unable but in few hours i'll upload a rec with a game when i raided a guy until he resigned(inter game)

3) Some of u know me as [RO]Hitler(used that nick about 6 years ago); i havent played in a while ~almost 2 years but started again recently ; i'd like to know your opinion about me(how do u think i play);u can even place just a number on a scale from 1 to 10;thx:)

LE : the file that i was talking about at point 2)

File: 

AttachmentSize
25-thu.rcx (52)247.57 KB
sltun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/10/13
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

Folks - an old thread (plus I am not even inter) but now that Tunngle and Vugi's patch have mixed up the set of players active, thought it worth flagging again. This is helpful context and has made sense of a few games that left me wondering when I first started playing nomad.

Worth an occasional link from the lobby and the tunngle chat screen I think, for the other "enthusiast noobs" out there like me.

SL

_FeTuS_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/22/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

Welcome situn and good luck Smile Love to see new blood, especially these days!

[El]_Alan_Killers_Dad's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 09/07/11
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

Nice to see new people.

cybersaiyan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 12/09/12
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

I remember posting this link for nitecat when he was rushing me(spanish) with 3 jap spears knowing that my ally was noob. He slowed me down so I couldn't kill, and his ally easily overwhelmed mine o.o looks like it was useful for some others as well Biggrin

File: 

AttachmentSize
:/ (54)151.37 KB
_FeTuS_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/22/08
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

Im bumping this thread, because a "known" and "good" player last night rushed my completely noob ally cap in age I.... My ally noob had built 2 farms and a library! when this "good" and "known" player rushed his cap.

If you have to fucking rush to win in nomad...... I would rather lose 1,000 games in a row.

vugi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/29/09
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

why dont we start with names ?

[El]_Alan_The_Itachis_SON's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/25/11
Re: Logic of nomad specific rules explained to new inter pla

You would be the first one on the list :O 58

Pages